Since 1994, Nordstrom has been offering $10,000 college scholarship awards to qualified and deserving high school students who live in the communities where the company operates a full-line store. These scholarships are awarded based on the student's academic achievements as well as their extra curricular commitments and activities.
This scholarship is no longer offered starting in 2016. Please see more scholarships for high school juniors.
Reed College, Portland, Oregon
The scholarship is available to qualified high school students who live in the areas where Nordstrom stores does business including:
Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Colombia, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, N. Carolina, New Jersey, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Washington.
This award is need-based and the qualified students must:
Be a high school junior
2. Have a minimum cumulative GPA (9th through 11th grade) of 2.7 (non-weighted) on a 4.0 scale
3. Be committed to volunteer, community, and extra-curricular activities
4. Be eligible and plan to attend an accredited 4-year college or university in the U.S.
5. Plan to apply for financial aid for attending college
6. Not have been convicted of any crime.
See more scholarships for high school juniors.
The Nordstrom on-line application was available for prior years through 2015.
Letters of recommendation from your high school officials are required for semi-finalists and must be submitted online.
This award requires writing essays. For helpful information see tips on writing your Personal Statement Essay.