Walmart Scholarship for high school leavers (AKA the Higher Reach Scholarship)
Walmart Dependent Scholarship (offered through Walmart Family Foundation)
Walmart Scholarship for high school seniors (for Hispanic students)
Walmart Achievers Scholarships (for Hispanic students with select majors)
The eligibility requirements, selection criteria, and other information related to this program were recently under review. Please contact your Walmart benefits department for details.
Funds will be applied to studies at a U.S. Dept. of Education accredited institution. (Military academies are not approved institutions.)
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements:
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria: • Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Legal Resident of the U.S.
• Must be the dependent of an actively employed associate (employee) with any division of Walmart for at least six consecutive months (some restricted dates apply)
• Must be a high school or home school senior graduating or earning a GED. Must have a cumulative high school grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5 on a 4-point scale
• Must have a minimum ACT score of 22 or a minimum SAT score of 1030 (Combined Math plus Critical Reading)
• Applicants must plan to enroll for fall as a freshman at a two-year or four-year college or university that is located in the U.S. and is accredited and listed on the official website of the U.S. Department of Education. Military academies are not approved institutions.
• Must have financial need and be able to demonstrate the need with required documents. (Note: Students with other funds that pay entirely for tuition, books, fees, and on-campus room and board are not eligible to receive this award.)
Beginning in 2012, these scholarships are renewable.
For more details go to the Sam Walton Scholarship online site: www.act.org/walmart/depend/
Scholarship Application Deadline: varies each year (online application should open early January)
Online at : (https://www.act.org/walmart/contact.html)
Walmart Scholarship Programs
ACT Scholarship and Recognition Services
Walmart Associate Scholarship Program,
PO Box 4030, Iowa City, IA 52243-4030
(overnight courier, such as Fed Ex or UPS) Walmart Associate Scholarship Program
301 ACT Drive, Iowa City, IA 52243
Phone number: 877-333-0284; and 800-530-9925
The Walmart Associate Scholarship is available to Walmart and Sam’s Club associates who are based in the U.S. Awards are based on demonstrated financial need and community involvement.
Award Financial Details:
• For Certificate Program Undergraduate/Graduate: Up to $1,500 within a single Walmart Fiscal Year.
• For Associate’s Degree: Up to $2,000 within a single Walmart Fiscal Year
• For Bachelor’s Degree: Up to $3,000 within a single Walmart Fiscal Year
• For Graduate Degree: Up to $2,000 within a single Walmart Fiscal Year
The Walmart Associate Scholarship is renewable for up to 6 years (a maximum of 12 payments); up to a maximum award of $16,000 or up to the attainment of the degree for which the scholarship was awarded, whichever occurs first. Once any of those conditions is met, the scholarship is considered finished.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements:
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
• Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Legal Resident of the United States.
• Must be employed part-time or full-time with any division of Walmart for at least six consecutive months prior to the appropriate application due date. Must have graduated high school/home school or obtained a GED before applying.
• Must have financial need and be able to demonstrate the need with required documents. (Note: Students with other funds that pay entirely for tuition, books, fees, and on-campus room and board are ineligible.)
Scholarship Deadline: there are various deadlines throughout the year.
For more details about these programs or to apply, click on the links below: