According to their website: "As more and more scholarship programs are made available to the public, and as Walmart has transformed its educational offerings with Live Better U, the Walmart Foundation has made the decision to discontinue the associate and dependent scholarship program effective February 1, 2021. Since inception, only about 10 percent of applicants to the program received scholarships due to IRS requirements. The Walmart Foundation will continue to focus on strategic grantmaking to organizations".
Walmart will continue to honor the scholarships for current recipients through six years.
We recommend you look for other Scholarships.
Current Walmart associates should evaluate the Live Better U education benefit program to see if it meets their needs. The program allows current Walmart employees to earn a degree online for about a dollar a day from a 4 year accredited university. Other options include GED, trade school and SAT/ACT prep. They believe the new Live Better U program will allow more associates the opportunity to further their education than the scholarship program did.
Walmart, one of America’s largest corporations, is also one of the largest corporate supporters of educational scholarships. The Walmart scholarship programs offers help to those people who deserve to be on degree courses but they are unable to afford them. The Walmart Institute previously offered the following scholarships:
Walmart Dependent Scholarship (offered through Walmart Foundation)
Walmart Scholarship for high school seniors (for Hispanic students)
Walmart Achievers Scholarships (for Hispanic students with select majors)
The Walmart Dependent Scholarship is a $13,000 scholarship paid out over four years. Applicants must be dependents of Walmart and Sam’s Club associates, have at least a 2.5 GPA, a minimum ACT score of 22 or SAT score of 1030 (combined Math & Critical Reading) , and are able to demonstrate financial need.
Funds will be applied to studies at a U.S. Dept. of Education accredited institution. (Military academies are not approved institutions.)
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements:
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria: • Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Legal Resident of the U.S.
• Must be the dependent of an actively employed associate (employee) with any division of Walmart for at least six consecutive months (some restricted dates apply)
• Must be a high school or home school senior graduating or earning a GED. Must have a cumulative high school grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5 on a 4-point scale
• Must have a minimum ACT score of 22 or a minimum SAT score of 1030 (Combined Math plus Critical Reading)
• Applicants must plan to enroll for fall as a freshman at a two-year or four-year college or university that is located in the U.S. and is accredited and listed on the official website of the U.S. Department of Education. Military academies are not approved institutions.
• Must have financial need and be able to demonstrate the need with required documents. (Note: Students with other funds that pay entirely for tuition, books, fees, and on-campus room and board are not eligible to receive this award.)
Beginning in 2012, these scholarships are renewable.
Scholarship Application Deadline: varies each year (online application should open early January)
Note: This scholarship was discontinued in 2021.
The Walmart Associate Scholarship was available to Walmart and Sam’s Club associates who are based in the U.S. Awards are based on demonstrated financial need and community involvement.
Award Financial Details:
• For Certificate Program Undergraduate/Graduate: Up to $1,500 within a single Walmart Fiscal Year.
• For Associate’s Degree: Up to $2,000 within a single Walmart Fiscal Year
• For Bachelor’s Degree: Up to $3,000 within a single Walmart Fiscal Year
• For Graduate Degree: Up to $2,000 within a single Walmart Fiscal Year
The Walmart Associate Scholarship is renewable for up to 6 years (a maximum of 12 payments); up to a maximum award of $16,000 or up to the attainment of the degree for which the scholarship was awarded, whichever occurs first. Once any of those conditions is met, the scholarship is considered finished.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements:
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
• Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Legal Resident of the United States.
• Must be employed part-time or full-time with any division of Walmart for at least six consecutive months prior to the appropriate application due date. Must have graduated high school/home school or obtained a GED before applying.
• Must have financial need and be able to demonstrate the need with required documents. (Note: Students with other funds that pay entirely for tuition, books, fees, and on-campus room and board are ineligible.)
Scholarship Deadline: there are various deadlines throughout the year.