Last updated on May 28, 2023 by College Financial Aid Advice.
Sam Walton Community Scholarship
Walmart Scholarship for high school leavers for Walmart employees who are returning to school
Walmart Dependent Scholarship (offered through Walmart Family Foundation) for dependents of Walmart employees
Walmart Associate Scholarship for Walmart employees
Walmart Scholarship for high school seniors (for Hispanic students)
Walmart Achievers Scholarships (for Hispanic students with select majors)
These Walmart scholarships for high school seniors of Hispanic heritage living in specific geographic regions in the U.S. who are enrolling in college as a full time freshman student.
Award Value: $2,500.
Walmart Scholarship Deadline: Application available mid November and due in January
Duration: One year, non-renewable
Requirements of applicants for this Walmart scholarship:
• Hispanic heritage
• US citizen or permanent resident
• GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
• Must be a graduating high school senior planning to attend college full-time.
• Must be seeking a degree-program in an accredited 4-year college or university.
• Must participate in a one-year retention program in their freshman year.
• Must apply for federal financial aid by completing Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
• Must be permanent residents of: Baltimore, Boston Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, New York, Philadelphia, Portland, Sacramento, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, or Washington, D.C.
Phone number: 1-877-HSF-INFO (1-877-473-4636)
Walmart Headquarters 55 Second Street, Suite 1500 San Francisco, CA 94105 Tel: 415-808-2300 Fax: 415-808-2301 Northeast Office 299 Broadway Suite 1310 New York, NY 10007 Tel: 212-608-8884 Fax: 212-608-8887
Online application for the Walmart Hispanic Scholarship Fund can be found at www.hsf.net
(In association with HACU)
WAL-MART Achievers scholarship is in partnership with the Hispanic Association of Colleges & Universities (HACU). This scholarship is open to full-time undergraduate Hispanic students majoring in Business Administration, General Management, Retail Management, Food Merchandising, or related majors in a 2 or 4 year HACU member college or university on the mainland U.S.
Scholarship Award Value: $1000
Walmart Scholarship Deadline: May each year
Duration: One year, non-renewable
The applicant must meet all of the following criteria
• Must be a citizen or permanent resident of U.S.
• A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
• Pursuing a degree in Business Administration, General Management, Retail Management, Food Merchandising or other related fields.
• Demonstrate financial need and be eligible for Federal Financial Aid, and meet specific criteria for the scholarships to which they are applying.
• Attend a HACU-member college or university on the mainland U.S.
• Must have an interest in pursuing a career in retail industry, and is working while attending school.
Walmart Scholarship Application:
Student must apply through HACU. Proof of financial need and academic transcripts are required.
For more information and online scholarship application see www.hacu.net
Scholarships for 2023 - It is never too early or too late to work on your scholarship searches. If you are part of the high school class of 2023, you should work on your scholarship and college search now. See our list of Scholarships for High School Seniors
FAFSA - The official 2023 - 2024 FAFSA is now available. See information about FAFSA.
Scholarship Lists An overview of the different types of Scholarship Money for College.
Grants Learn more about grants, the other free money for college.
Need Tuition Help? Reduce the cost of tuition with these college Tuition Assistance Programs.
Tax Credit Claim the American Opportunity Tax Credit.
College Savings Plans Save money for college with these College Savings Plans.
Need a Student Loan? Yes, you qualify for these college Student Loans.
Scholarships for High School Students
Scholarships for College Students
Equitable Foundation Scholarship
Bill Gates Scholarships for Minorities
College Scholarships for Women
Scholarships for African American Women